Welcome to the Fleur... the quintessential country village pub with fantastical food & a glorious selection of ales, ciders and IPA's... at least we think so!
Bar Opening Hours...
MON – CLOSED
TUE – CLOSED
WED – Quiz Night... Every other week!
THU – 6 - 10.30 pm
FRI – 12 - 10.30 pm
SAT – 12 - 10.30 pm
SUN – 12 - 7 pm
Kitchen Opening Hours...
MON – CLOSED
TUE – CLOSED
WED – CLOSED
THU – 6 – 9 pm
FRI – 12 - 2.30 / 6 - 9 pm
SAT – 12 - 2.30 / 6 - 9 pm
SUN – 12 - 5 pm
"The staff were friendly, efficient, and attentive without being overbearing which just topped off the visit and made it so so enjoyable. We highly recommend this really exquisite establishment and will definitely be visiting again."
- St. Neots guest, June 2021
"This is the English pub experience at its very best, good beer and great food with a very warm and friendly welcome. Top banana !"
- Tripadvisor, March 2020
"Beautiful pub and a gorgeous location, really friendly helpful staff - I chose the fish pie and my husband the homemade chicken pie...... Wow! Absolutely delicious, I would go as far as saying the best fish pie I have ever eaten and a really generous portion, well filled! All in all a brilliant visit, excellent food and we would highly recommend - keep hold of that Chef! Thank you we had a lovely afternoon! xx"
- Tripadvisor, June 2021
"I can't rate this place highly enough. Delicious honest pub food, lovely setting and friendly helpful staff who went above and beyond to give us a great experience. Advise to book ahead for a table."
- Louise Murgatroyd, Google July 2021
"The best place in the area by far for a Sunday lunch."
- Grant Irvine, Google Maps, August 2021
"I can honestly say this is one of the nicest/friendliest pubs around. The owners are so welcoming, as are all the bar staff too. Great food, and a superb selection of fine ales and beers, as well as their ciders. The pub has recently had some renovation work done to a very high standard. The only thing that I am personally glad that they didn’t change was the characteristic floor, consisting of screed, tiles, brick and floorboards. This makes the pub feel like a proper pub and gives it a quirky twist as well as some historic value."
- Steve Tyler, Google Maps, August 2021
"This really is a hidden gem. It must be one of the best, most authentic pubs around, owned and ran by people who have real passion for what they do. It is that incredibly rare combination of being owned and ran by friendly and sincere people who care about what they do, with really tasty food, interesting real ales and beers all wrapped into an unspoiled rustic and characteristic village pub. Simply superb. The whole package is an absolute credit to the owners."
- Richard Siddle, Google, September 2021
CAMRA North West Essex
"Pub of the year 2019"
CAMRA North West Essex
"Pub of the year 2020"
Reserve your table now...
Bookings are currently essential, similar to many others in the hospitality industry we find ourselves with a very small team, but still with the shared goal of serving quality food with the friendly service you expect at the Fleur.
This results in us having limited guest capacity and means at busy times, guests who pop-in - regardless of available tables, we are unable to guarantee that we'll be able to accommodate your party.
Fleur Booking Policy
- Reservations are taken for inside tables only... we do not take bookings for our garden tables. As we all know the great British weather is very changeable, so should it rain we wouldn't have an alternative table inside to offer you. If you have a booking with us, then on arrival you may choose to sit in our lovely garden.
- 6 guests is the maximum size per booking we can accommodate... allows us to offer you the best possible service and kitchen cooking capacity. This is non-negotiable.
- Thursday evening and Friday & Saturday lunch & dinner we have 2 sittings, and Sunday we have 3 sittings... this allows us to cater for more people to be able to visit our limited number of tables each week.
- Tables are allocated to you for a maximum of 2 hours from the time of the reservation... regardless of your arrival time. If you book the last sitting, of course, you're welcome to stay until closing time.
- Tables are kept for 15mins after the reservation time... unless we've heard from you.
- Dogs are welcome... but are to be kept on a lead at all times, including in the garden.
- Every other Wednesday is - Quiz Night... for further details please see HERE.
- Thank you for your understanding... and we look forward to welcoming you and your guests to the Fleur x
Find us on Google Maps...
You can speak to... Chris, Ellie, Benny, little Ellie or any of our lovely team
- 01799 543280 -
Please leave a message if we don't answer... Mon & Wed we are closed; likely no one will be down the stairs during the day to answer the phone, so for reservations please use the online booking system above.
Equally, during our busy shifts - we're not always able to pick up the phone in time - but we will endeavor to always get back to you when we have a free moment.
Thank you for your understanding!